Tuesday 27 January 2009

My great grandmother

Heather Mountjoy [13.01.09]

I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the tv programme this evening and to be able to see your wonderful estate and grounds. My great grandmother, Annie Marks, is listed as working as a kitchen servant at the house in 1891 so it was lovely to be able to see a place where she lived and worked even if it was in the kitchen!! We have always been very intrigued as having been listed as living at Pentillie in the April of 1891, by the August she was in service at Windor Castle and we have no idea how this came about.
I am an archivist myself so I really do appreciate how important it is to preserve our past so I do wish you all the very best in bringing the house and grounds to life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment