Tuesday 27 January 2009

Sitting here in Southern France

Linda Vurley-Hartman [14.01.09]

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Coryton and Sammie,

I am sitting here in southern France, having retired here two years ago from Cornwall, and just
wanted to write to you and say how much my husband and I enjoyed the programme last
night about Pentillie Castle.

We are filled with admiration for the project you have taken on and it made us very nostalgic
for beautiful Cornwall. What an amazing history and I spent an hour last night reading all
the websites about Pentillie - extraordinary to think we lived in Cornwall and did not even know
it existed!

I must congratulate you on your absolutely beautiful website and I am sure after last night's programme, your telephone will be ringing off the hook. Having spent most of my life in sales and marketing for hotels I was especially interested in your project and wish you every success. If I lived nearer I would love to come and volunteer on your Open Days.

Did you know that Rosalind Pilcher is extremely popular in Germany and there have been several television programmes about her books and the Cornish scenery and gardens on television there? You may already know this as I thought one of the journalists who visited you might have been from Germany, however if not you might like to follow this up one day.

Watching your programme made us very proud to be British and rather nostalgic, I must say! So thank you for giving my husband and I such an enjoyable evening and we shall follow your
progress with interest via the internet.

Very best wishes for your future success

No comments:

Post a Comment